Dow Molykote® 111 Valve Lubricant & Sealant
- Primary Use – General purpose O-ring and valve lubricant.
- Special Characteristics – Provides a noncuring moisture barrier; high dielectric strength; moisture and ozone resistance; good thermal, oxidation and chemical stability;suitable for use with potable water under NSF 61.
- Physical Form – Heavy-consistency, translucent white, grease-like silicone paste.
- Applications – Lubricating plug, sanitary, gate, ball, butterfly and automated valves,pump packings, rubber and plastic O-rings; sealing vacuum and pressure systems(especially equipment subjected to washing and harsh environments); damping medium for dash pots in electrical equipment.1
- Temperature Range – From -40 to 400°F (-40 to 204°C).Listings/Specifications– FDA 21 CFR 175.300, NSF 51, NSF 61.
Do not use with silicone elastomers; do not apply to surfaces to be painted; not recommended for use with highly oxidative chemicals (e.g., liquid chlorine, liquid oxygen); not recommended as a lubricant in metal bearings; use only with adequate ventilation.